Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Linguists: Help Wanted


SLDN recently asked former LGBT military linguists to contact us for information on how to help with a public education campaign we're beginning in 2007. In addition to hearing from linguists, though, we also heard from employers who very much want to hire linguists with military training. Here's one:

Miguel Tuason of TCS Translations in McLean, Virginia, wrote to say that "we are an Equal Employment Opportunity firm and would welcome referrals of all language specialists - particularly those with military experience - regardless of age, sex, race or sexual orientation." TCS is "a Washington, DC-based langauge services company with various federal and military contracts in the U.S. and overseas."

While it seems the military has no use for LGBT language experts, the private sector is eager to benefit from their loss.

So, if you're a linguist looking for work, you can contact Miguel by email at miguel@tcstranslations.com, or by phone at (202) 680-0747. You can also visit the TCS Translations website for more information.

It's good to know there are fair-minded employers eager to welcome qualified gay Americans into their businesses.

- Steve Ralls

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miguel,
I'm a Army Vietnamese linguist that never learned the language very well and have forgotton most of what I did learn 38 years ago, so I have no false ideas that I have anything to offer to you.
I'm just wanting to Thank You for stepping forward and making the offer to outed linguists
that are in need of a job.

Together, with Pride,
Edward Westrick, Cmdr.
Veterans C.A.R.E.
Los Angeles

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home